- Work as part of a collaborative team who want to make a social impact
- Contribute to the technical and functional development of AID:Tech platform
- Create innovative and immersive user experience interfaces
- Use agile methodologies (Scrum, Test Driven Development, DevOps)
- Promises/A+ in ECMAScript and related libraries (e.g. Bluebird, Q)
- The React/Redux/Express stack
- Internet protocols such as HTTPS and SSL
- Some knowledge of server technologies and middleware (e.g. NGINX)
- Version control with git and GitHub, and workflows (e.g. git-flow)
- Containers and microservices: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- An eye for design
Good to have
- Linux terminal with bash/zsh (we use antigen with byobu)
- SQL databases (e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL) and ORMs (e.g. Sequelize)
- JS code documentation (e.g. documentation, JSDoc, sphinx-js)
- Integration test automation (e.g. Casper.JS, Selenium)
- Payment processor APIs (e.g. Stripe, PayPal)
- Experience connecting to or exposing REST API endpoints (e.g. Swagger)
- Blockchain knowledge
- Cryptography/Math background (Asymmetric crypto, hashing, elliptical curve)
You understand what startups entail. Like us, you are lean and mean, and you are not a 9-5 kind of worker bee - you are happy to go an extra mile to make sure things are done, and done well.
You communicate clearly and decisively.
You are articulate, in both speech and writing, complex concepts and details, in a concise and simple manner.
You are well versed in remote collaboration - particularly great if you’re familiar with Slack and other communication tools. You are happy working both independently and as part of a close-knit team.
You set (ours and your) expectations realistically and strive to go above and beyond them.
We know you don’t know everything, and that is okay. But it is important you are keen to learn anything you set your mind to. You are continually learning and are never complacent about yourself and your skills.
You will undergo:
A 60 minute interview
The interview will ensure you actually have the abovementioned skills (we don’t expect you to have all skills, except in the “necessary” section). The technologies we use today are in bold.
A 1-2 week technical assessment
A moderately challenging technical problem where you will deliver something useful to AID:Tech. It will require some ingenuity and initiative on your part, and we will ask you to demonstrate it in action and later help us implement it for our purposes. We will of course assist if you get stuck on specific technical problems, so please stay in touch throughout, as we also want to see how we get on and communicate.